Following is the agenda and minutes for the meeting:
Victor C. Wayrs Park
Sunday, October 13 at 1PM – 3:30PM
Clink link for more information
Solid Waste & Recycling Newsletter
Tips for a Sustainable 4th of July Celebration!
Ditch the Single Use Plastic!
- Replace single use cutlery, cups and plates with reusable options
- If you must use single use cups, encourage guests to write their name on their cup to keep better track of them, and ultimately reduce waste.
- Skip the straw or provide reusable ones
Buy in Bulk!
- Buy food and supplies in bulk to reduce packaging waste (Don’t forget those reusable shopping bags!)
Build Local Soils
Clean Up After Yourself
- Summertime parties are plenty of fun, but be mindful of what you leave behind. Practice leave no trace. Litter harms the environment and surrounding plant and wildlife. Common litter left behind includes plastic bags, food wrappers, chip bags and drink containers.
- July 6, 2019: Repair Café – Esopus
- July 12, 2019: Repair Café – Castleton-on-Hudson
- July 13, 2019: S.T.O.P. Collection Day – Oyster Bay
- July 13, 2019: Repair Café – Poughkeepsie
- July 13, 2019: Repair Café – Phoenicia
- July 13, 2019: Shred-O-Rama 2019 – Syracuse
- July 20, 2019: Homeowners Cleanup – Oyster Bay
- July 20, 2019: Repair Café – Warwick
- July 20, 2019: Repair Café – Tusten
- July 20, 2019: Repair Café – Schuylerville
- July 20, 2019: Household Hazardous Waste – Tompkins County
- NYC Recycling Events
Conferences, Workshops & Webinars
Funding Opportunities – Application Deadlines
We Want To Hear From You!
Is there a topic you’d like to learn more about or a public event or workshop related to recycling (organics, textiles, traditional recyclables, etc.) you’d like the greater community to know more about? E-mail us at: email@example.com
What’s better than sunshine and summertime? Enjoying it all with less waste of course!
Join us and people all over the world in celebrating Plastic Free July! Plastic Free July was started by an organization in Australia and is now a global challenge with 120 million people across 177 countries participating in 2018. Pledge to make a change and reduce your use of single-use plastics. Remember, you don’t have to go completely plastic free in order to claim success for yourself! Make it fun and create your own plastic free bucket list.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get started:
- Support farmers and local businesses – purchase food or other goods from your local farm stand or farmers market that aren’t packaged in plastic
- Make homemade Popsicles instead of purchasing ones that come individually wrapped
- Up your cooler game and try out stainless steel ice packs
- Reduce both wasted food and packaging waste by bringing reusable containers to your next BBQ
Let us know how you celebrated Plastic Free July at firstname.lastname@example.org, We encourage pictures. You just might be featured in upcoming DEC social media!
Source: NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Newsletter
Following are the agenda and minutes of the meeting:
DC-EMC Agenda and Minutes 4-24
There are currently two at-large seats open on the EMC, potential candidates are encouraged to apply for these openings!
Please submit a resume and cover letter, stating your background and/or interest in protecting Dutchess County’s natural resources and environment, and commitment to full participation in EMC meetings and projects to Carolyn Morris, Clerk of the Dutchess County Legislature at cmorris@dutchessny,gov, copying Steve MacAvery, Chair of the Dutchess County EMC at email@example.com. Please review the Position Description for EMC Appointed Members to learn more about the responsibilities and requirements of EMC members.
All applicants will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted by the Legislature. EMC provides equal opportunities; minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Following are the agenda and minutes of the meeting. Dutchess EMC Meeting 3-27-2019
The Dutchess County Environmental Management Council (EMC), the Legislature’s citizen advisory board on environmental issues, wholeheartedly endorses County Executive Marcus Molinaro’s proposal for expansion of the County Park System by purchase of the Lake Walton Property in the Town of East Fishkill from Scenic Hudson. Continue reading